Tomato Bruschetta With Basil Spread
Makes 12 servings
- 12 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 package (8-ounce size) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano leaves
- 1 small tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium green onion, sliced (1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
1. Set oven control to broil. Place bread slices on cookie sheet.
with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Mix cream cheese and basil; spread on un-toasted sides of bread slices.
Broil about 1 minute or until cheese mixture is melted. Top with tomato,
onion and olives.
Dietary Fiber 1g